COVID-19 Update. Since several clients are still waiting on product fully injection molded parts on hold from China. Some of our associate travelers abroad are reporting the following. This is the best data we can find:
Coronavirus has been around long enough now that researchers are starting to come up with some solid numbers.
Of those who become infected:
81% have mild symptoms
14% have severe symptoms
5% have critical symptoms
2.3% of those infected are dying
Compare to the common flu, which has a fatality rate of 0.1%
Therefore, the Coronavirus has a fatality rate 23X that of the common flu.
The good news, if there is any, is that it appears that children are not getting severe and critical symptoms anywhere close to what adults are.
Even better, infants (age 1-11 months) are for the most part, largely spared.
Of those who have died from coronavirus:
30% were in their 60s.
30% were in their 70s.
20% were age 80 or older.
Men and women contract this equally.
Men are 64% of the deaths.
Those with Diabetes or heart disease are dying at higher rates.
The fatality rate in Hubei Province (China) is 7X higher than other Chinese provinces.
1. Each person that gets this virus infects an average of 3-6 people, meaning if not quarantined, it will spread fast.
2. An infected person with no outward symptoms can infect others.
3. Spreads via droplets and aerosols (sneezing, coughing, touching) – eyes, nose and mouth.
4. It can incubate in the body for up to 24 days.
5. Humans do NOT have a natural immunity.
6. There are no vaccines and may not be for up to a year from now.
7. It is possible to contract this virus a second time and the second time is far worse.
How to Avoid Contracting Coronavirus:
A. Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds, as often as you can, especially after touching any surface that others touch, such as doorknobs, counters, phones, etc.
B. Do not touch your face (eyes, nose, mouth) with unwashed hands.
C. When in public, wear a face mask (N-95 minimum). If you are are in a high risk group, wear goggles in public.
Although the number of cases in the USA is very low right now, there are indications that America and most other countries are on the cusp of an outbreak. What happens in the next 2-3 weeks will tell us where we are headed.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.